1. Check your organisation's eligibility to register on The Good Exchange platform.
Answer six simple, multiple choice questions to make sure your organisation meets the criteria for fundraising on The Good Exchange platform and is recognised for Charitable Purposes according to HMRC guidelines. You will be able to see straight away if your organisation will be able to register and apply for funding.
2. Create a personal Good Exchange account, then register your Applicant Organisation.
Click on the ‘Get Started’ button to firstly create a personal account on The Good Exchange. You will then be guided through the step-by-step Applicant Registration process to tell us about the organisation you wish to raise funds for. You will need to provide information regarding the structure of your organisation (non-registered charities and community groups require Proof of ID), the type of work you do and your financial status. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the evidence to hand – this can be completed later or, simply add another administrator e.g. your treasurer, to fill in the missing details. This process will create a live Organisation Page on The Good Exchange. See example.
Looking to join an organisation that is already registered? No problem, follow the step above to create your personal account, search to find your organisation and request to join the team as an administrator.
3. Create a Fundraising Project
Create a project(s) to explain to potential funders and donors what you need funding for. The single application form guides you through the questions you need to answer and the documentation you need to provide. Tell us about the type of project (Capital or Revenue), who the beneficiaries are, the charitable purposes, where the project will take place, a breakdown of the costs with supporting evidence etc. Once you have submitted the project The Good Exchange team will review it and advise should you need to provide further information before the project goes live. Once live, the project will have an individual project page on The Good Exchange.
4. Manage your Fundraising Project(s)
Once live, your project(s) will be able to attract public donations straight away and will also be automatically matched with multiple registered funders based on the information you have provided. Funders can shortlist matching projects and choose whether to support them, and will contact you directly should they require further information. If a funding offer is made, the applicant will be notified by e-mail and can log-in to their Good Exchange Dashboard to view the offer,
You can share your individual Project Page or your Organisation Page on social media, newsletters, websites etc. to attract donors and fundraisers. At any time, visit your Dashboard to:
- Update your project to keep your supporters informed as to how the fundraising is going.
- Add comments as you reach fundraising milestones or to thank your donors.
- Add and promote fundraising events.
- Increase the appeal of your page by adding images and videos.
- Monitor how many funders your project(s) has matched with and how many have shortlisted your project.
- View and respond to any messages from funders via the Message Board.
- View details of any funding offers, review and sign the terms and conditions and accept offers.
- View details of donations, grants, match funding and gift aid (if eligible). Reports and statements with details of funding can be downloaded.
- Add details of any funds raised outside of The Good Exchange.
- Complete evaluation reports for funders.
If you have questions regarding a specific funding offer please contact the funder directly using the contact information on the funder profile pages.