Support Center

Authorising The Good Exchange to collect Gift Aid

Last Updated: Jun 23, 2017 01:57PM BST
The HMRC Charities Variation Form (ChV1)

In order for The Good Exchange to claim Gift Aid on donations to your project you will need to inform HMRC that you authorise The Good Exchange to act as an agent to claim Gift Aid on behalf of your organisation. 

To do this you need to complete a Charities Variation Form ChV1 from HMRC.   This form can be accessed during the registration of your organisation on The Good Exchange, or alternatively you can contact:  If you need further information please refer to the HMRC guidance on how to complete the form here.

To complete the form, you will need a Charities Reference Number.  If you do not already have one of these, you can request one from HMRC here:

All completed forms must be returned to The Good Exchange and not to HMRC. The Good Exchange will add further information and then forward the form to HMRC.  Please note, the Gift Aid option cannot be added to your projects on The Good Exchange until a fully completed ChV1 form has been received by The Good Exchange team.

Gift Aid Eligible Projects                 

Some projects may not be eligible to receive Gift Aid even if the organisation is eligible and has the option added.  Please see HMRC rules on Gift Aid eligibility here:

Once your organisation and project are approved for Gift Aid, individual donors who are UK tax payers will be able to select if they wish to add Gift Aid to their donations.  Gift Aid is claimed from HMRC at the end of each month and is paid to the applicant once the funds are received from HMRC.

seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found