- Creating a personal account
- Registering your organisation as an applicant
- Creating and submitting your project
You will be sent an email to verify your email address - just follow the instructions in the email to come back through to The Good Exchange. Once logged in, select the Apply for Funding tab, then scroll down and select the Apply for Funding button.
You will then be prompted to check if your organisation is already registered with The Good Exchange. Add your organisation's name in the box provided.
- If your organisation shows in the listing, it is already registered. Please contact the current administrator within your organisation and ask them to add you as a new user under My Dashboard > Organisation. If you do not know the current user or you are aware that they have left the company, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If your organisation does not show in the dropdown listing, then it is not yet registered. You can now click Register New Organisation and begin completing the Eligibility Quiz.
If you are eligible, you can now begin registering your organisation as an applicant on The Good Exchange. We will ask you for the following information:
- Organisation tab: General organisation details
- Specifics tab: Further details including beneficiaries, charitable categories and geographical locations.
- Financial tab: Financial details of your organisation, including an upload of latest annual accounts (or a balance sheet), bank/building society details and an upload of your latest bank/building society statement (showing account name, number and sort code).
- Gift Aid tab: Your current Charities Reference Number and whether your organisation is registered for Gift Aid. For more information on how Gift Aid works on The Good Exchange, click here: https://thegoodexchange.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2566663-authorising-the-good-exchange-to-collect-gift-aid
Click Save & Next as you move through each section and then Submit at the end. If you have any questions about the information we request here, contact: support:thegoodexchange.com.
Once you have registered your organisation you will be able to create a project to attract funding.
*Please Note* You do not have to finish entering your organisation details before you can begin a project - just click 'Save for Later' and then start on your project. However your project will not be approved to go live on the platform until all organisation details are added.
Start creating your project under My Dashboard > Draft Applications > Create Application. Answer all questions as accurately as possible as these questions will be used to match with eligible funding schemes. The more information you can provide, the higher the chance of matching with potential funders.
Just click Save & Continue as you move through the questions and then Submit Application at the end (or click Save for Later if you would prefer to return to your project another time). If you have any questions about the information we request here, contact: support:thegoodexchange.com.
Once you have submitted your project, The Good Exchange team will review and approve it to go live on the platform. If anything further is needed we will contact you directly. Once your project is live, it can automatically match with one or more of the funders on the platform, depending on their individual matching criteria. From there, funders can shortlist your project for potential match funding and/or grants. Your project can also receive public donations as well as support from fundraisers and you can share out the individual link to your project page on social media to encourage your supporters to donate.